Being Imperfect

Did it surprise you that I am not who you thought I was? Did it surprise you to find that I don't exactly stand for what you thought I stood for all along? Did it surprise you to find that I'm not exactly how I played myself out to be? That the person you thought I was is actually nothing to what I am.

I'm not perfect, I never tried to be. I've made mistakes. I've taken the easy way out. I've lied to my friends. I've hidden the truth so many times from so many people. I've hurt people, and I've even done it on purpose. I've left people behind. I've spread rumors. I've said things that I didn't mean. I'm no better than anyone, anywhere. I'm human. I have faults, and I'm not afraid to admit that. I want to change, but I won't. Because that's what we do. That's what we've always done. We list our faults like a grocery list, and we move on, expecting everything to somehow change itself. It never will. I will never change. I will never be perfect. I will always make mistakes. I'll, more often than not, take the easy way out. I will lie, hide the truth, hurt people, leave people behind, spread rumors, and say things I don't mean for the rest of my life.

For once I don't care what you think about me. I don't care if you think my hair isn't right or my shoes don't match my outfit. All I care about is that I'm me. and that I'm happy about it. For once I'm happy and secure in knowing that you can't take that from me, no one can .


I'm only me. That is all I can be. No more, no less, don't second guess. I love, I live, I laugh, I cry. I've wished sometimes that I could die. Some days I'm funny, others I'm not, sometimes I'm in overdrive and I can't stop. You may not like me, but that's okay because this is me and how I'll stay.

I'm not a perfect girl. My hair doesn't always stay in place  and I spill a lot of things. I'm pretty clumsy and sometimes I  have a broken heart my friends and I sometimes fight and
maybe some days nothing goes right. but when I think about it and I take a step back... I remember how amazing my life truly is and that maybe, just maybe - I like being imperfect.




"I know I'm not perfect. I can't pretend to be, but before you point your finger make sure your hands are clean."